Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Romeo and Juliet Essay Outline


Romeo and Juliet Essay Outline
By Jeremy Goldstein 812

Intro:
·      Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare is a tragedy about love.
·      The character of Capulet is a shadow to Juliet
·      Capulet had a chance to be her mentor, but passed on the opportunity

Body Paragraph 1:
·      Capulet could’ve been her mentor, but chose to control her love
·      Makes her marry Paris
·      “I must make a desperate tender of my child’s love. I think she shall be ruled with all due respect by me. Nay, more, I doubt it not.”
Body Paragraph 2:
·      Capulet becomes a shadow, or a dark figure, to her
·      Act 3 scene 5 Lines #132-137 and 187-194
·      Explain why/how this makes him a shadow archetype

Conclusion:
·      Capulet relates to the character of Polixenes from A Winter’s Tale
·      Capulet is overall a very interesting character
·      Make a connection to self

No comments:

Post a Comment